August 18 is National Fajita Day and our team loves fajitas — especially easy one-pan fajitas! This Tex-Mex meal is so easy to make in a wok, on a sheet pan in the oven, in your air fryer or sautéed on the stove top. All it takes is some strips of meat and your favorite veggies to make this delicious anti-inflammatory one-pan fajitas meal.
Popular meats used in fajitas include chicken and beef, or you can use tofu or vegetables instead of meat. In restaurants, the meat is usually cooked with onions and bell peppers but feel free to add your vegetables of choice. Popular condiments include shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, shredded cheese and diced tomatoes. Since we’re cooking for an anti-inflammatory lifestyle, we will exclude the cheese and sour cream. There are plenty of other flavors going on, you won’t even miss those.
Often, you’ll see fajitas served with corn or flour tortillas. Let’s stick with the best anti-inflammatory foods and wrap our fajitas in napa cabbage leaves or just eat them with a fork, unwrapped.
Air Fryer (one-pan) Steak Fajitas
- Air Fryer
- 2 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ medium yellow onion sliced into strips
- 1 large bell pepper any color, sliced into strips
- 1 lb skirt or flank steak sliced into strips
- Crisp napa cabbage leaves optional
- In a large mixing bowl make the seasoning by mixing oil, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, ground cumin, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Add onions, peppers and steak to the bowl, turning until well coated.
- Line the air fryer basket with perforated parchment paper. Add ingredients to the basket. Air fry for 5 minutes at 390°F. Remove the basket and shake to ensure even cooking. Continue to air fry for an additional 4 minutes.
- Serve on a plate or wrapped in napa cabbage leaves.
If you like guacamole with your one-pan fajitas, try this simple anti-inflammatory recipe.
Simple Homemade Guacamole
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled, pitted and mashed
- 2-3 Tbsp onion minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp jalapeno peppers minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Mash together the avocado with the rest of the ingredients. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course you do! Click here for the secret sauce!