How to Talk to Your Loved Ones
About Adopting an Anti-Inflammatory Lifestyle
As with any change in your life, your family and friends are going to ask questions about adopting an anti-inflammatory lifestyle. Most people are skeptical of any eating that is not centered around “conventional” or “convenient” foods. Just because we know better, doesn’t mean that everyone else is in the loop. Don’t worry! Thousands of people have been in your shoes before and have survived.
Each person has their reason for adopting an anti-inflammatory lifestyle. Is this diet going to help resolve health concerns such as arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome or celiac disease? Or maybe you want to prevent health problems that are associated with inflammation. Perhaps you are just sick and tired of always being sick and tired. Tell your loved ones what your inspiration and motivation is!
Do some explaining. A large misconception about any diet is that you have to eliminate your favorite foods. While some foods are eliminated, they are also substituted with other foods so that you can still enjoy your favorite dishes. Sometimes someone will give you a hard time because you aren’t able to enjoy a plate of pancakes at breakfast. Remind them of how delicious our simple banana pancakes are! Make sure to keep the ingredient list in mind. For example, let’s compare Aunt Jemima’s pancake mix to our recipe.
Aunt Jemima Original Pancake Mix: Enriched bleached flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin, mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), salt, calcium carbonate
Simple Banana Pancakes: Coconut oil, banana, egg (see recipe here)
I think you can agree that your body will thank you for choosing the banana pancakes!
Some people may be curious about your new habits. So please, if someone is asking, enlighten them about some of your new food knowledge! Just keep in mind that not everyone is curious. If you don’t appreciate friends and family criticizing your diet and forcing their food knowledge on you, you should not analyze their food or lecture them about their choices. Trust me; you don’t want to be that friend. In the end, it is essential to remember that this lifestyle change is about you, not about your friends or family.
Get your FREE guide to anti-inflammatory foods swaps. By making simple food swaps, you can make a positive impact in your health by reducing inflammation.
To get you started on your journey to adopting an anti-inflammatory lifestyle, we are providing you with this simple but delicious, healthy anti-inflammatory recipe.
Creamy Vegetable and Bacon Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup celery diced
- ½ cup onion diced
- 2-4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups broccoli chopped and steamed
- 3 cups cauliflower chopped and steamed
- 1 ½ cup chicken, beef or vegetable broth
- 1 cup carrots chopped and steamed
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a skillet. Heat over medium heat adding celery, onion and garlic. Saute until veggies are tender and onions are translucent.
- Add 2 cups broccoli, 2 cups cauliflower, broth, salt and pepper to a blender. Blend until pureed.
- Place mixture in a large pot on the stove over medium heat and add the remaining broccoli and cauliflower. Stir in celery, onion, garlic and steamed carrots to blend and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, adding more broth if your prefer your soup thinner.
- Serve in bowls and top with chopped bacon.
- Garnish with celery leaves or herbs of your choice if desired.
- Use any other vegetables you enjoy to make the soup as hearty as you like -- try spinach, asparagus, kale, mushrooms, etc.
- If you like rice in your soup, puree 1 cup of the cauliflower and use the remaining 2 cups as cauliflower rice.
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more tips and recipes like this, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at email@example.com for more details.
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course, you do! Click here for the secret sauce!