June 10 is National Egg Roll Day and in honor of this day, we are sharing a healthy anti-inflammatory version of a classic egg roll. This bowl is packed with vegetables and lean protein; it is a quick and easy low-carb dish that is great for lunch or dinner. You really won’t miss the egg roll wrapper because you still get the crunch from the vegetables. If you are following an anti-inflammatory diet, this is a great recipe to try. It’s also tasty left over so make extras and simply re-heat for a quick anti-inflammatory egg roll meal on the go.
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb lean ground beef chicken or turkey
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped, any color
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- ½ cup match stick carrots or finely diced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated or minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 4 cups green cabbage shredded or package coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix
- ½ cup beef or chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos coconut aminos or tamari soy sauce
- Fresh cilantro, sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Brown ground meat in a hot skillet over medium heat with bell pepper, celery, onion, carrot, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Add cabbage, broth and aminos. Sauté until cabbage is slightly wilted.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion and sesame seeds if desired.
- If you like a little spice with your egg roll, add sriracha or hot sauce to taste in instruction 3 or drizzled over your meal when served.
- Switch up the protein by scrambling 2-3 eggs into the mixture for a vegetarian option or use crumbled tofu for a vegan option.
Easily Removing Leaves From Cabbage
Are you making a meal, side dish or “wrap” and you need full leaves from the head of the cabbage? How do you peel the leaves from the head without ripping them to pieces? Try this simple tip!
To easily remove full leaves from cabbage, core the cabbage, then immerse the whole head in boiling water until the outer leaves begin to loosen. Remove cabbage from the water and carefully peel away as many outer leaves as will come off easily. If you need more leaves, place the cabbage back in simmering water for another minute or two.
If you are stuffing cabbage leaves to make a “wrap,” remember that some cabbage leaves have a thick rib, which keeps them from lying flat and being easily rolled up. In that case, trim the end of the leaf (and the thick end of the rib) so you can more easily roll up the leaf with the stuffing.
#AntiInflammatoryRecipe #HealthyEating #ImproveGutHeatlh
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more recipes like this one, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at email@example.com for more information.