Blueberries are often labeled a super food because they are low in calories and incredibly good for you, and they fit perfectly into an anti-inflammatory lifestyle. They are sweet, colorful and can be enjoyed either fresh or frozen. Because eating blueberries can help lower blood pressure, promote digestive health, reduce the risk of heart disease and fight cancer they are a perfect addition to your anti-inflammatory lifestyle. The blueberry is celebrated throughout July, at the peak of it’s harvest, during National Blueberry Month.
In honor of Blueberry Muffin Day on July 11, we wanted to share this anti-inflammatory blueberry muffin recipe.
Anti-Inflammatory Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup ghee or coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups blueberries + extra for top
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 12 muffin cups with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, ghee, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients and combine well. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter equally into the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle additional blueberries over the top if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- If you do not have muffin cup liners, spray each cup with non-stick cooking spray.
- For variety, try this recipe with raspberries, blackberries or any other berry you desire.
- If you like poppy seeds, add 2 tsp poppy seeds to your dry batter mixture.
- For fluffier muffins, add all ingredients (except the blueberries) to a food processor and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Fold in blueberries after batter is completely blended.
#AntiInflammatoryLifestyle #AntiInflammatoryRecipe #ReduceInflammation
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course you do! Click here for the secret sauce!