Banana Walnut Muffins
Baking is a great way to use ripened bananas. This is a very simple but delicious gluten free anti-Inflammatory muffin. Check out the notes below for variations and enjoy!
- 4 bananas 2.5 cups mashed
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter
- 4 Tbsp clarified butter or ghee coconut oil would work as well
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- walnuts for the top
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease or line muffin tins.
In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients until well combined.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and add to the large bowl, mixing all ingredients well.
Cook for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Variations - Keep the recipe the same but add dried fruit, nuts or approved chocolate.
- Cranberry Orange – Only use 3 tablespoons of butter. Add zest of one whole orange diced, juice of one whole orange, and 1 cup dried cranberries or fresh if you want
- Chocolate Blueberry – Add 1 cup of fresh blueberries and 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- Pumpkin Pecan – Reduce the almond butter to 1/4 cup and add 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree and 1 cup of roughly chopped pecan pieces.