Did you know that more than 300 chemical reactions in the body rely on the mineral magnesium, yet the average American only get about three quarters of the recommended 400 milligrams a day? It is not overly surprising that the “standard American diet,” with a heavy reliance on packaged and refined foods, results in deficiency. What is surprising, however, is that even people with a comparatively healthy diet can be at risk of deficiency of magnesium in the body due to improper meal planning, overcooked vegetables, or the wrong calcium to magnesium ratio. Dark leafy greens, legumes, nuts, and seeds are the best foods to ensure the body is getting enough magnesium.
To learn more about the Role of Magnesium in the Body, click here. This link will also provide you with other magnesium-rich anti-inflammatory recipes.
Enjoy this delicious anti-inflammatory entree with the benefits of magnesium! Try it in your oven or air fryer.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- Oven or Air Fryer
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts 6 oz each
- 2 Tbsp onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp chicken broth or olive oil
- 4-6 cups fresh spinach
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika to taste
- ½ cup mozarella cheese Keto option
- Preheat oven to 350°F or air fryer to 370°F.
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound thin.
- Sprinkle breast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Saute chopped onion with chicken broth until softened. Add spinach and continue to saute until spinach is just wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cool.
- Lay the chicken breast flat and place spinach in the center (add cheese for Keto option). Fold the sides of the breast around the spinach. Sprinkle the chicken with paprika.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or air fry for 7-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If using an air fryer, turn chicken half way through cooking time.
- Slice into medallions and enjoy with your favorite side dish.
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course, you do! Click here for the secret sauce!