While working at Feed Your Vitality, our anti-inflammatory Poblano Pork Verde was one of my all time favorite meals. This year I decided to copy the recipe and make my own at home. I planted my garden and added a poblano pepper plant to the mix. We’re sharing the recipe from Feed Your Vitality — I condensed it down from a serving for 30 to a serving for 4. For more recipes like this, join our private Facebook group, Anti-Inflammatory Recipe Exchange.
Poblano Pork Verde
- Slow Cooker
- 1 ½ lbs boneless pork butt
- 24 oz tomatillo salsa recipe below
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes wedged
- Salt pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Cajun spice blend optional
- Place pork roast in slow cooker with 16 oz tomatillo salsa.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for 6 – 8 hours.
- While roast is cooking, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss sweet potato wedges with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and ajun spice blend. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until tender and crispy.
- Meanwhile, cut the tops of the poblano peppers, remove seeds and wash. Steam for 3 – 6 minutes or until they just start to turn soft. Let cool.
- Once pork is fully cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. You can add some of the remaining liquid from the slow cooker for extra moisture in the pork.
- Stuff each pepper with ¼ of the pork and place on a sheet tray. Brush with olive oil. Roast for about 6 – 10 minutes or until peppers start to brown.
- Serve 1 stuffed pepper with ¼ of the sweet potatoes and 2 oz additional tomatillo salsa.
Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- 48 oz canned tomatillos or fresh tomatillos peeled
- ½ lb yellow onion diced small
- 14 oz canned green chilies drained
- ½ Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sriracha or to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients. Blend well to desired consistency.
#TomatilloYummyness #PeppersFromTheVine #AntiInflammatory
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more recipes like this one, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.