January 4 is National Spaghetti Day! Our recipe gives you an anti-inflammatory, low carb version of spaghetti and meat sauce that you’ll find as delicious as the carb-loaded type you’re used to — with the health benefits of zucchini.
“Spaghetti” & Meat Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- ½ cup mushrooms chopped (optional)
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 24 oz marinara sauce no added sugar
- 7 cups spiralized zucchini “zoodles”, dried on paper towels to remove moisture
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with salt and pepper. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in mushrooms, onion, garlic and spices, and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add marinara sauce, stir to combine and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add zoodles and continue to simmer until heated through, about 2 – 3 more minutes.
- Do not overcook the zoodles or they will not have the consistency of a noodle and will become mushy.
- This sauce can be used on top of so many different recipes, not just for “spaghetti.” Spoon it over cauliflower rice, sauteed vegetables or any other meals you make that you like an Italian sauce.
- This can also be made into a vegetarian dish by excluding the protein.
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more recipes like this one, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at email@example.com for more information.