At Vitality Consultants, we love kale. But we feel like it gets a bad rap!
Did you know that kale is THE most nutrient dense food on the planet. Why is that important? Most of us are nutrient deficient. Meaning, we are in the red when it comes to giving our body the proper nutrients to function optimally. If we aren’t giving our body the necessary items to do it’s thing, the likelihood of disease is higher. If you want to get into the black, nutritionally speaking, eating kale is a great way to dramatically increase the nutrient content of your diet.
If cancer prevention isn’t enough, this nutrient dense food also aids in weight loss! Kale is very low in calories, but still provides significant bulk that helps you feel full. And despite the fact that this leafy green is low in calories, it contains protein and fiber, both considered important nutrients when it comes to losing weight. A cancer fighter AND a weight loss aid? Kale has it goin’ on!
Try this Kale Pomegranate Salad and see how delicious this nutrient dense vegetable can be. It might even become your new favorite vegetable! Eat it by itself, or as a side dish to a bowl of soup or protein!
Kale Pomegranate Salad
- ½ bunch kale stems removed, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 Tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt to taste
- 4 oz container pomegranate arils or ½ cup seeds from fresh pomegranate
- In a large bowl combine kale, onion, carrot and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice and zest, oil, mustard, honey and salt. Pour over salad and stir until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate if making ahead.
- To serve, stir in pomegranate arils and serve immediately.
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more recipes like this one, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at email@example.com for more information.