If you or those you care for are gluten free or have a gluten intolerance you will love this anti-inflammatory gluten free chocolate brownie recipe. Or you may just be looking for a healthier version of one of our favorite treats. We like making this into brownies (for ease) but the same recipe can be used for a chocolate cake or chocolate muffins. Try this recipe to please your family or your whole party!
- 1 ⅛ cups almond butter
- ⅔ cups pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- ½ cups honey
- ¼ cups powdered Stevia
- ½ cups Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- ½ cups Enjoy Life chocolate chips melted
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp baking soda
- Coconut oil melted
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature!!!
- Preheat oven to 325°F and generously grease a sheet pan or jelly roll pan with melted coconut oil. Do not use parchment paper on pans.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, honey, eggs, pumpkin and powdered Stevia and mix well.
- Add baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Add melted chocolate chips, mix well. Using a rubber spatula, clean the sides and bottom of bowl.
- Add whole chocolate chips and mix again.
- Pour batter directly on oiled pan. Batter does not rise so fill the sheet trays to the top. Bake for 10 minutes, turn the trays and bake for another 8 minutes. Check center for doneness. May need another 2-4 minutes.
- Make varieties of this same recipe into mini muffins or an iced cake to have on hand year-round. They freeze well too!
- If making muffins and using frozen pumpkin, you must thaw overnight in a fine mesh strainer or muffins will collapse.
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course, you do! Click here for the secret sauce!