If you’re anything like me, your sweet tooth will never be a thing of the past. At least once (or twice, or three times) a week I get a craving for something sweet. My typical go-to is a piece of fruit, but sometimes that doesn’t do the trick. I’m a pretty lazy cook, so it took me a while to find sweet snacks that are quick and easy to make. Here is one way that I make my piece of fruit taste like an apple pie in just minutes.
- 1 apple peeled, cored and chopped in half
- Juice of 1 orange
- 5 drops English toffee flavored stevia
- Apple pie spice or Pumpkin pie spice to taste
- Cinnamon sticks and cloves optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl mix fresh orange juice, cinnamon, apple pie spice and stevia to taste. Pour over top of apples.
- Wrap in foil or place in an oven safe dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
A couple of substitutions that you might not have thought of are listed here:
Substitute sugar with anti-inflammatory sweeteners. One way I squash my sweet tooth in the winter is by adding honey to hot tea. (Plus, drinking tea is much better when you have a cute tea infuser like this one).
You can also swap out the sugar in your classic recipes for one of these paleo-friendly sweeteners and use almond flour in place of all-purpose flour!
#sweettreats, #shapereclaimedcookbook, #treatyourself, #easytomake, #wellness
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more tips & recipes like this one, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at email@example.com for more information.
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course, you do! Click here for the secret sauce!