Avocados have a range of health benefits, including improving digestion, decreasing the risk of depression, and protecting against cancer. Avocados are nutritious, versatile and delicious.
DID YOU KNOW: Many people refer to avocados as a vegetable. But avocados are also known as alligator pear or butter fruit; they are actually a type of berry that grows in warm climates.
According to Medical News Today, these are 12 reasons why avocados can contribute to a healthy diet:
- Rich in nutrients
- Healthy for the heart
- Great for vision
- May help prevent osteoporosis
- Components may prevent cancer
- Supporting fetal health
- Reducing depression risk
- Improving digestion
- Natural detoxification
- Osteoarthritis relief
- Antimicrobial action
- Protection from chronic disease
Avocados are packed with nutrients, including vitamins and minerals. So, it’s time to incorporate avocados into our diets. Think about making delicious guacamole, an avocado smoothie, creamy avocado dressing or an avocado sauce with ripe avocados. Or slice firmer avocados to add to a salad, chicken salad or sandwich. The possibilities are endless.
We’ll give you a very simple recipe to get you started adding avocado to your diet today. Enjoy these Avocado Egg Boats. You may leave your air fryer on the kitchen counter longer than expected!
Avocado Egg Boats
- Air Fryer
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- fresh chives finely diced
- fresh parsley finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the avocado in half lenghtwise and remove the pit. Use a spoon to scoop out about 20% of the flesh.
- Season the avocado halves with salt, pepper, chives and parsley. Crack one egg into each of the halves. Add seasoning to the egg if desired.
- Line air fryer basket with perforated parchment paper (optional) and place avocado boats into the basket. Bake in the air fryer at 350°F for 6 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle with extra chives and parsley to serve.
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more recipes like this one, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at email@example.com for more details.
Want free anti-inflammatory recipes, downloadable resources and efficiency tips and tricks from a professional chef? Of course, you do! Click here for the secret sauce!