The Benefits of Eating Fish
Fish is among the healthiest foods on Earth. It is loaded with important nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D; it is a low-fat food that provides a range of health benefits. White-fleshed fish, in particular, is lower in fat than any other source of animal protein, and oily fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids, or the “good” fats, that are important for your body and brain. Since the human body can’t make significant amounts of these essential nutrients, fish are an important part of the diet. Fish are also low in the “bad” fats commonly found in red meat.
According to Healthline.com, fish:
- is known to reduce risks of heart attacks and strokes
- is essential for brain and eye development and may help protect your vision in old age
- may boost brain health
- may help prevent and treat depression
- may reduce the risk of autoimmune diseases
- may help prevent asthma in children
- may improve sleep quality
Fish is delicious and easy to prepare. We have included one of our favorite air fryer fish recipes which is also anti-inflammatory, paleo and gluten free. Give it a try and let us know what you think. We would love to hear your feedback on our Facebook page.
Air Fryer Fish Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb cod halibut or any wild caught white fish work great!
- 8 shrimp 16/20 count - peeled & deveined
- ¾ cup almond flour
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 2-3 tsp paprika or seasoning blend of your choice
- 2 eggs beaten
- Olive oil spray
- Beat the eggs and set aside.
- Combine the almond flour and seasonings and place on a plate or shallow dish.
- Using paper towels, pat the fish very dry, then season both sides with salt and pepper, dip in the egg, then coat both sides in the almond flour mixture.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste.
- Spray the basket or tray and fish directly with olive oil spray.
- Place fish in single layer on bottom of basket or tray of air fryer.
- If your air fryer has a fish setting use that to cook. Otherwise, heat fryer to 400°F; cook fish for 10 minutes.
- Place shrimp in a single layer on bottom of basket or tray of air fryer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Plate fish with 2 shrimp and roasted or air fried vegetable of your choice
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more recipes like this one, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass. Or email us at email@example.com for more information.