January 4 is National Spaghetti Day! Our recipe gives you an anti-inflammatory version of spaghetti and meat sauce that you’ll find as delicious as the carb-loaded version you’re used to — with the health benefits of zucchini.
“Spaghetti” & Meat Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 24 oz marinara sauce (no added sugar)
- 7 cups spiralized zucchini (“zoodles”), dried on paper towels to remove moisture
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with salt and pepper. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in mushrooms, onion, garlic and spices, and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add marinara sauce, stir to combine and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add zoodles and continue to simmer until heated through, about 2 – 3 more minutes.
Do not overcook the zoodles or they will not have the consistency of a noodle and will become mushy.
If you’re interested in an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and more recipes like this one, check out The Official Anti-Inflammatory Diet Masterclass on our Home page. Or email us at email@example.com for more information.