Halloween Treat – Chocolate “Swamp Cake”
Are you looking for a healthier way to make Halloween fun for your kids? Try our anti-inflammatory “swamp cake”. It’s a great healthier treat for your kids and their friends this year. A truly special treat for those kids (and adults) with gluten allergies or intolerance. Make varieties of this same recipe into mini muffins or an iced cake to have on hand year-round.
Servings: 12 brownies
- 1 1/8 cups almond butter
- 2/3 cups pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cups honey
- 1/4 cups Truvia
- 1/2 cups Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups chocolate chips (melted)
- 1/8 Tbsp salt
- 1/8 cup baking soda
- Coconut oil, melted
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature!!!
- Preheat oven to 325°F and generously grease a sheet pan or jelly roll pan with melted coconut oil. Do not use parchment paper on pans.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, honey, eggs, pumpkin and Truvia and mix well.
- Add baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Add melted chocolate chips, mix well. Using a rubber spatula, clean the sides and bottom of bowl.
- Add whole chocolate chips and mix again.
- Pour batter directly on oiled pan. Batter does not rise so fill the sheet trays to the top. Bake for 10 minutes, turn the trays and bake for another 8 minutes. Check center for doneness. May need another 2-4 minutes.
- For the Halloween treat, break the brownies into pieces and wrap in Halloween-themed cellophane to make a festive look.
If making muffins and using frozen pumpkin, you must thaw overnight in a fine mesh strainer or muffins will collapse.
#antiinflammatorysweettreat, #treatyourself, #happyhalloween